Cassette Dog was formed by James Carr (Guitar and Vocals), Harriette Marquez (Bass and Vocals) and Mark Wortley (Drums).
James and Mark previously played together in a pub band called Born Ready, before James moved on to form Good Times (a professional party band and two time finalist in the Essex Wedding Awards) and Mark moved on to form LAMZ and Copyright (both highly successful and popular pub bands).
In the summer of 2016, they decided to form a new band using all of the knowledge and experience that they had built up over the years and invited James’ family friend Harriette to join them on the bass.
After a month of choosing songs and practising, Cassette Dog performed for the first time at The Five Bells in Great Cornard, and very quickly established themselves as a fun and popular band in the local area.
Since then, the members of Cassette Dog have worked hard to constantly update their set list with a mix of songs from a range of decades to ensure that no matter the audience, there will definitely be something for everybody.
Fun Fact: The name Cassette Dog was chosen by writing down random words on 32 pieces of paper and choosing pairs until something good came out. Other options were: “tango time” and “horse glasses”.
- Great guys and band! Thank you for a great show. Much appreciated, non-stop tuneage.Andy & Phoebe Piper
- Took a risk with this booking as I’d never actually seen them play live and only in videos, and the risk paid off big time! They were absolutely fantastic! I’d previously mentioned our party theme was movies and they amended their set list to include mostly songs from films! Went above and beyond in my opinion! Had everybody up and dancing and were very interactive with the party. If I could rate them higher I would! Will definitely be booking again in the future and recommending to everyone!Grace Pearce
- Great music by a great group. Played at Lavenham Royal British Legion and everyone loved them. Well done. Highly recommended by us!Carl Richardson
- OMG they're brilliant! Polite, talented and everyone thought the same. Any other party I do they are coming back. Thank you for doing my 50th!Glenn Andrews
- Fantastic night with these guys. The Old Star customers had only good things to say about them and of course can't wait to get you back. Such a cheerful band which is what we needed after a few disastrous bands.Petrula Demetriou
- Absolutely fantastic, you're a fantastic band! I don't think I stopped dancing.Charlie Williams